If you want to know how to use your vacuum sealer for quick marination , you are in the right place. Marination is a critical step in cooking food. The spices and edible acids in marinade tenderize the meat or chicken and load it with flavors & deliciousness.
Normally, the marination process takes more than 12 hours, and sometimes you have to leave the marinade overnight to give your food a heavenly taste.
You can speed up this process by using a vacuum sealer. This method of quick marination is effective and has become popular worldwide.
To marinate the meat with a vacuum sealer, put the meat in a bag and use a vacuum to remove excess moisture and air from the pack.
Vacuum sealing will open the meat’s pores and make it soft, juicy, and tasty within a few hours or minutes.
In this article, I’ll explain how to use your vacuum sealer for quick marination. Furthermore, I’ll share why marination is important and which foods are perfect for vacuum marination.
Can you use a vacuum sealer for quick marination?
Yes, you can. Vacuum sealing is an effective and easy way to marinate meat or chicken in less time. The vacuum removes the excess air from the sealing bag and opens the meat’s pores. It allowed the spices to go deeper into the meat fibers and loaded with exciting flavors.
How to use your vacuum sealer for quick marination?
Marinating meat using a vacuum sealer is extremely easy and takes less than 30 minutes. For quick marination, follow the steps written below;
- Wash the meat and vegetables.
- Use a sharp knife and cut the meat & vegetables to the appropriate size. You can also cut thin slices of meat to speed up the marinating process.
- Take a vacuum-sealing bag and put the meat inside the bag. Make sure you hold the bag in an inclined position to remain wrinkle-free.
- Pour the marinade into the bag and mix it well with the meat. Please ensure that the seal area of the bag remains dry.
- Once you are done, vacuum seal your bag and place it in the freezer or fridge for 30-40 minutes.
Vacuum sealing is usually done to preserve the freshness of your food, so you can keep the vacuum marinade meat in the fridge as long as you want. It will stay juicy and tasty.
Why is marination important?
Marination is an extremely important step in cooking because it imparts flavor and deliciousness to your food. The marinade mixture contains edible acids like lemon juice and vinegar, which moisten dry and tough meat muscles.
Marination reduces the preparation time in cooking as it tenderizes the meat and makes it chewy and juicy within a few minutes.
Furthermore, marinade ingredients like soy sauce, red wine, etc., reduce the chances of microbial spoilage in foods.
How to marinate food quickly in a vacuum-able container?
Like vacuum-able bags, marination in vacuum-able containers is a simple process and takes less time.
To marinate the food quickly in a vacuum-able container, follow the steps below;
- Wash the meat thoroughly with fresh water and cut it into thin slices.
- Add the meat into the vacuum-able container.
- Pour the marinade mixture into the container. Make sure the meat is completely submerged in the marinade.
- Close the lid of the container and connect the tube of a vacuum sealer with the valve available on the top.
- Press the marinade button of the vacuum sealer and wait until the process is completed.
- When the process is completed, the machine will indicate a beeping sound. Remove the tube of the vacuum sealer and place the container in the fridge or freezer.
If there is no auto-marination setting:
- Take the vacuum-able container. Fill it with the meat slices.
- Pour the marinade mixture into the container so the meat slices are immersed.
- Close the lid of the container.
- Open the valve of the cover and connect the tube of a vacuum sealer with it.
- Keep touching the line until it extracts all the air from the container.
- Disconnect the box for 2-3 minutes, then again connect the tube.
- Repeat this cycle 3-4 times.
Does vacuum marinating work?
Yes, it works. The vacuum sealer extracts the excess air out of the bags, leaving the meat’s pores open, and allowing the marinade mixture to go deeper into the muscles.
A vacuum sealer speeds up the marinating process, and you get a flavorful treat in a very short time. Besides, vacuum marinating makes the meat juicy, tender, and tasty by holding the moisture.
Can you marinate fish with a vacuum sealer?
The straightforward answer is yes. You can marinate a fish with a vacuum sealer. Vacuum marinating is the easiest and quickest way to prepare seafood. It allows the flavors and spices to get absorbed in the fish meat.
Though while vacuum marinating, do not use very high acidic juices and do not leave the marinated fish for too long. Most experts suggest marinating the fish just an hour before cooking.
What food can you marinate with a vacuum sealer?
With a vacuum sealer, you can marinate all kinds of food, like meat, pork, vegetables, chicken, fish, turkey, etc. A vacuum sealer will open the pores of your food item and allow the marinade mixture to get fully absorbed.
Is vacuum marinating a time-saving process?
Yes, vacuum marinating is a time-saving process. Marinating the food with a vacuum sealer reduces the preparation time and gives you a delectable meal within a few minutes only.
Marination is a time taking and critical step of cooking. In marination, the edible acids and spices tenderize the meat and give it a heavenly taste.
Traditionally, the marinating process takes more than 12 hours. For some food, it takes one night. You can speed up this process by using a vacuum sealer.
A vacuum sealer will remove the excess air from the bag and allow the moisture and flavors to get absorbed well in the meat giving it a delicious taste and texture.